|An14 995 served with the East German Air Force but was retired with German reunification|
|The Antonov An14 was designed in 1957 as a short take-off and landing
freighter and feederliner with the accent on simplicity. With its
high-aspect ratio wings and braced construction it may have been inspired by
the French Hurel Dubois designs of the early 1950s.
Given the Nato name Clod, the aircraft faced a long development and did not enter service until 1965, serving with Aeroflot, the Soviet Air Force and other Eastern Bloc states. It featured rear clamshell doors and was powered by two 300hp Ivchenko AI-14RF radial piston engines.
Few aircraft survive and none are in flying condition.
|Contents||Photos and census||Update|